There are 4 full-time military staff coordinating the Combined Cadet Force (CCF). They are assisted by a number of the academic teaching staff who are CCF Officers. The CCF staff produce an exciting and stimulating programme of on and off site activities and exercises. These are often supported by regular military personnel.
Membership of the Cadet Force offers a wide variety of opportunities regardless of previous experience. We do not follow the usual cadet training programme as we are training potential officers, and therefore your training will be very much skills and leadership based. The CCF staff train and encourage all cadets to lead by example and to follow the core values of:
- Respect for Others
- Selfless Commitment
All Welbeck students belong to the cadet unit and as such you can expect to:
- Increase your self-confidence and self-discipline.
- Experience basic military training.
- Take on challenging physical activities including obstacle and confidence courses, endurance exercises such as the Trim Trail, and improving leadership and command skills.
- Embark upon five major off-campus training exercises during which you can test and display your leadership skills as well as developing team work and communication skills. These could include exercises in the field, adventurous training (climbing, sailing, kayaking, caving etc) and visits to regular Royal Navy, Army and Royal Air Force establishments.
- Undertake Self-Reliance activities.
- Take part in hill walking, map reading, first aid, drill, field craft, weapon handling, communications, single service competitions and command tasks.